New Delhi: Centre has decided to create 20 world class educational institutions, probably called as Institutions of Eminence. HRD Ministry has already applied to approve in Union Cabinet.
According to the PMO, this step will enhance the global recognition of the Indian education system, that will be different from UGC’s structure in order to make the better institutional autonomy.
Here are the in-depth details:
* This institute will be in top 100 list of world academic institution into upcoming 10-12 years.
* Professor student ratio will be 1:20 and in 5 years it will be 1:10. Many faculties from abroad will be teaching who have studied in top universities of the world.
* Admission strictly based on merit system and no student should have left due to the funding problem. There will be no restrictions in fee but should be transparent enough. Violation of above will lead to serious official procedure.
* Faculty have to publish research paper in international standard on the topic of SCOPUS, Web Science, etc. A high-scale library for world class reputed journals related to the courses that have cutting-edge research facility in main program.
* Minimum 30 years will be working period. Funding will be provided from public sector if it lacks from itself.
EEC will be monitoring the whole system these institutions and has all the rights to take any action, anytime. It will monitor and review the quality, sponsorship system and liquidation of corpus fund if required.
There will be a group of persons for EEC which will be directly in touch with HRD Ministry in order to maintain quality and dignity of education. Although, there will be online program too for distance learning students.
More updates coming soon…