There is a frantic race to link Aadhar number with permanent account number (PAN) on the income tax site before July 1. Individuals have even discovered the site crashing or technical error display from site admin.
After July 1, the linking will wind up plainly compulsory and the government may pronounce a date after which the PAN not linked to Aadhaar will end up strictly invalid. The government has not announced that date yet.
People can likewise visit the official e-filing site of the office to link the two cards, in both the cases- – indistinguishable names in the two databases or for a situation where there is a minor crisscross.
As per the arrangements of Finance Act 2017, the Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrolment number will be obligatory to record income-tax returns and to apply for another PAN. Further, a current PAN can be announced ‘not valid’ if the taxpayer does not link it with Aadhaar inside the period that will be announced by the government.
How to Link your PAN with AADHAAR Online:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal. You will see the linking of Aadhaar-PAN on the top of the home page of the portal.
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ tab under Services tab.
- A form will be displayed.
- Enter the details as per your PAN and Aadhaar records.
- Enter the text in the Image Captcha.
- Visually impaired can request for a One Time Password (OTP) instead of Image Captcha.
- Click on Link Aadhaar.
- A success message will be displayed confirming the linking of your Aadhaar to PAN.
How to Link your PAN with AADHAAR through SMS:
In the end, in any case, you should get and cite your biometric number while filing your returns or notwithstanding for the individuals who are applying for PAN cards or opening financial balances and the link.