SBI is the India’s largest public sector bank undoubtedly with the highest number of Accounts & ATMs. Here is a detailed guide to transfer your Account within SBI.
In the internet era, you will not need to go anywhere. Just opt-in for SBI Internet Banking services for which forms will be available at your home branch. After filling up the form, SBI will call you to pick-up your ID & Passwords at Branch and you will need to sign in-front of its manager, confirms your presence and identity will providing this sensitive information.
That day is gone when it was about documentation to be submitted to the bank for transferring process. Now, the whole process is taken online. No need to visit your home branch for such process.
Here is the full video from SBI that will guide you to transfer your account from one branch to another branch.
1) Logon to https://www.onlinesbi.com/ using your ID & Password provided by bank. Make sure you may get OTP to login in certain scenario.
2) On HomePage, click on ‘E-Services’ tab located at an upper side.
3) Under ‘E-Services’, click on ‘Quick Links’ and then to ‘Transfer of Savings Account’.
4) Now it will show all the accounts you have with your home branch.
5) Further, you will be asked to where you want to transfer your existing branch’s account. You need to enter IFSC code your desired branch and it will automatically show the name of that Branch.
6) Read the terms & conditions and then select ‘Confirm’.
7) A page will open which will ask you to confirm the branch you selected, branch code, and branch name. Just verify it and click on ‘Confirm’.
8) You will receive OTP on your mobile.
9) Enter the correct OTP and select ‘Confirm’.
10) Done! A green page will appear which will show all the details of your transferring process. This indicates that your transfer request has been successfully lodged.