Actor and film maker Kamal Haasan was caught in fire disaster that broke out at his home in Chennai last night, but he safely escaped the fire with the help of his staff. Haasan had to climb down via staircases from third floor.

Friday night, the Chennai home of Kamal Haasan was lit up with fire disaster but everyone successfully managed to escape the fire. The actor informed about his well-being via social media by posting a tweet, “Thanks to my staff. Escaped a fire at my house. Lungs full of smoke; I climbed down from the third floor. I am safe, no one hurt. Goodnight.”.

Haasan is a successful film maker and has performed in many Tamil movies. He also thanked his fans for their “love and concern”. The Vishwaroopam actor wrote, “Thanks for all the love and concern. Now off to sleep. Good night indeed:).”. Reports suggest that the fire took place on the ground floor which may have been caused due to short circuit in the refrigerator. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and the fire was controlled soon.

On the work front, he is all set to recommence work on his multi-lingual action comedy, Sabash Naidu, having fully recovered from a leg injury which kept him out of action for nearly a year.